Saturday, March 8, 2008

STOP@5 Presentation

GOD is.....OMNIPRESENT

The dictionary definition:
omnipresent means present everywhere at the same time.

Some scripture verses to show this character of God are:

  • Deuteronomy 10:4-”To the Lord your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, the earth and everything in it.”

  • Jeremiah 23:23-34-”'Am I only a God nearby', declares the Lord, 'and not a God far away? Can anyone hide in secret places so that I cannot see him?' declares the Lord. 'Do not I fill heaven and earth?' declares the Lord.”

  • Romans 8:35-39-”Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: 'For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.' No, in all things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels or demons, neither present nor the futures, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the loves of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

  • Psalms 139:7-”Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?”

God does not have a size or shape that can be measured. He exists everywhere. He can act in different ways in different places.

So, just a few examples of experiences I have had before I finish up.

When I was in Romania in May, our team was at a very porr orphanage in Beclean. The orphanage recently had gotten a new doctor who was trying to make things better for the kids. He turned a room that used to be of death into a place of worship. As he was giving us a tour, we saw this room and it was very dark. We started singing 'We Wanna See Jesus Lifted High' and the kids started flooding in. As this was happening, a flood of light come into the room and you could totally feel God's presence.

Also, when I was traveling here, God was deffinetly with me on the plane. Usually when I'm travelling, I'm very nervous, almost to the point that I am sick, but coming here I was at peace, even when I almost missed my flight.

That's all. Thanks for reading!

No comments: